This programme is funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) and the European Social Fund (ESF), to support Brent residents and those from surrounding Boroughs. Our focus is on providing enhanced one-to-one support to individuals who are furthest from the labour market and includes customers from the following groups:
- Economically Inactive
- Lone Parents
- People from Black and Ethnic Minority groups
- Women facing barriers to employment
- People with self-declared physical or mental health conditions
- Older people aged 50+
Customers benefit from an in-depth assessment, during which we establish their skills, experience and barriers to employment. This is written into a tailored Skills Action Plan that is used to set milestones and targets to help the customer to achieve their learning and work goals.
For maximum effectiveness, we mainly work on a one-to-one basis and the programme provides customers with support in the following areas :
- Up to six hours of one-to-one careers information, advice and guidance (IAG)
- Identification of skills/transferable skills
- Professional CV design
- Coaching and support across a wide range of employability skills including: interview techniques; completing application forms and developing job search strategies using social media for job search, creating networks and understanding the hidden job market
- Identifying sector-specific employment opportunities and local labour market information
Once registered onto our programme, each customer is allocated a dedicated careers guidance and employment consultant, who is there to help them on their journey towards their career goals.