Starting a new job can be a bit stressful, though psychologists call it eustress, which is good for you in contrast to distress.
Most people adapt to their new role and workplace within a month. Here are some strategies that might be useful to help you:
- Take your time, adapt and get to know the company. Many organisations have induction programmes for their new employees.
- Be focused from the first day, as you definitely will have to learn a lot of new things, go through the instructions and misunderstanding potentially
- Discuss your new job with your relatives and friends
- Making mistakes is inevitable once you start something new. Learn from them and ask your colleagues for help and advice.
- Empathy is the key. Get to know your new colleagues and customers, talk to them, have a cup of tea together. Work is a big part of our life and it’s great to enjoy it and the people around you.